Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Why you can stay...

A few years ago, we started dogsitting for John's brother when they went out of town. I remember being so grossed out by everything. Every time I touched the dog, I'd wash my hands. I felt bad that I never pet the poor thing. I made it sleep in the bathroom a few times because she'd sneak on the couch during the night and I'd find her hair in the morning. Pretty much, I was being a dog-phobe. And that brings us to today. I felt prompted to get this dog for Avery. I felt that prompting in response to prayers I offered in her behalf. I was hesitant to jump to conclusions about how well it was working, but it has been a little over three months, and I can honestly say that getting Avery a dog has truly been the answer to my prayers. I never would have come up with the idea, but that is just another testament that God knows what we have need of. I'm so grateful that we followed that prompting, so grateful that we were led to Sadie. There are times when I think I'm going to go crazy from the dog hairs all over (she's shedding her winter coat), but this picture says it all. Avery had been asleep for awhile when Sadie went back and somehow found a way to nuzzle herself under Avery's head. This Sadie, is why I let you stay.

PS-If anyone has a dog, my friend introduced me to "The Furminator" It is AMAZING! It gets out all their hair like nothing else ever could. I brushed Sadie with it for awhile and I couldn't believe the pile of hair it raked out of her. It was huge. This thing is seriously AMAZING! I can't wait to get my own.

3 comments:

Heather O'Brien said...

That's cute. And I'm gelous (g not j. ha ha) that Avery is taking a nap! Maybe someday farway I will not be a dogphobe. Love you.

Schauers Hours said...

Glad you followed the prompting, I must admit I was a little skeptical when I heard you got a dog. Only because of my own personal biases and limitations.

Chelsey Meier said...

Such a cute picture!