Monday, April 5, 2010

Miss Avery

Lately, I've just been so touched with how sweet Avery is. She is going to be one awesome mommy when she grows up. It is amazing to me how clearly you can see her desire to nurture. She is always eager for opportunities to serve other people, take care of them, help with "mom" jobs, etc. The other day she was asking me what my jobs were for the day. I started saying cleaning jobs, cooking jobs, laundry jobs, etc. But she kept pestering me asking what KINDS of jobs. So I told her I had to wash all the sinks and wash my mirror. She got a little smile on her face and disappeared. A little while later we were getting ready to leave and she asked me if I'd seen my room yet. I went in followed by a sweet little four year old who had the biggest smile on her face. When I looked around happy and asked who had cleaned my sink and mirror, she just smiled and said it wasn't her :) A minute later she said "Just Kidding! It was me! Did you see you sink downstairs?" She is so sweet. And last night after she was said her prayers she said, "Mommy, do you know what thing I'm the most grateful for from Heavenly Father? My family." I love this little girl. She reminds me how blessed I am to be a mother, and that each job I do to serve my family is a sign that I've been blessed with the amazing family I have.

Avery LOVES dancing with her daddy! And she loves the new "Twirly Skirt" from the Grandma who is addicted to buying things for her grandkids!










2 comments:

Heather O'Brien said...

She is so cute. What a sweetie. P.S. Mom is not addicted. Although she goes overboard at times, she's a Grandma and it brings her joy! You'll do the same for you kids' kids :). Love you.

Chelsey Meier said...

Avery is such a doll! What a big heart for such a young age. I seriously can't wait to see all these beautiful kids. and you! You are an amazing mommy!