Thursday, January 6, 2011

"When you are exasperated by interruptions, try to remember that their very frequency may indicate the value of your life. Only people who are full of help and strength are burdened by other persons' needs. The interruptions which we chafe at are the credentials of our indispensability. The greatest condemnation that anybody could incur- and it is a danger to guard against - is to be so independent, so unhelpful, that nobody ever interrupts us, and we are left comfortably alone."

Anonymous from The Anglican Digest

2 comments:

Jill said...

I just read your post about Avery and am dying out of curiosity what sort of home (and school) reading programs you do. For yourself and your kids. We read often here, but I sometimes feel inadequate as a teacher for my kids, frustrating them and myself more than it's worth. Do you have a book or program for parents teaching kids how to read that you'd recommend? I'd love to know!

And in all honesty, teaching my kids to love the scriptures is something I really struggle with. When I was a jr. in high school I wrote an essay on reasons I loved and hated reading. The biggest reason I hated reading (which, even then I loved reading, this was just one side of reading I hated) was that I "had" to read the scriptures. I hated that for my whole life up until that point I was forced or graded on my scripture reading, which made me just refuse to do it. I don't want my kids to feel the same way. What are some ways/successful tactics you've used with your children to help them learn, gain testimonies, and love for the scriptures? And how do YOU teach the gospel in YOUR home?

I know that's alot, but I love learning from other moms who have had success with their methods. You're amazing!

Patrick and Krystine said...

I love this quote, for me, it always seems like when it rains it pours. I feel like I have nothing to do and then everything hits me on the same day. It's good to read that and realize that it's a good thing when life is a little crazy!