Kate:
*Kate likes to take her diaper off and run around saying, 'I can't find my diaper!" She also likes to run out of bed at night, all cheerful, and say, "Hi Daddy!" I'm wondering if she thinks she'll get away with it if she acts cute enough.
*When Macy was matching her lowercase and uppercase letters, Kate surprised us all when she correctly matched "D" and "I" when there were about 18 choices left.
*Sometimes when I tell Kate to do something, she'll get a pouty look on her face, jab her finger at me and say, "No..you. Y-ou."
Macy:
*John got quite a kick out of Macy when he heard her say, "I HAVE to have the sparkle one to be fashion!" Macy and Avery are starting to throw the word "fashion" into a lot of their playing. They don't really use it as an adjective, but more of a noun.
*When we dyed Easter eggs this year, I was thinking how much Macy had grown since last year when she dyed her fingers pink. She started out being so careful using the dipper and a whisk. After a few minutes though, she decided to throw out such a slow form of transportation. By the time we finished, it wasn't just her fingers that were dyed (bright pink of course because what other color would a little girl need). Her fingers were bright pink, her entire hand, and part-way up her arm. And then she was pretty upset that it wasn't coming off. I thought it made a nice addition to her beautiful Easter dress from Grandma.
*Macy loves being Rapunzel at the moment and I always get such a kick out of her talking about "Mother Gawful."
*One day Avery and Macy decided to clean THE WHOLE HOUSE! They went around cleaning bedrooms, cleaning sinks, cleaning the basement, cleaning the laundry room floor, the kitchen floor, the kitchen counters, etc. They were so sweet and I loved seeing how good they felt after all their service.
Avery:
*Avery was wanting to walk home in the rain. When I made sure she knew how hard it was raining she said, "I don't care if I get wet because I'm a penguin now!"
*Avery has decided that getting her hair done is a lot more interesting if her reflection becomes 'the girl in the mirror." She has gotten quite creative in playing with this girl, jumping from mirror to mirror, adding my reflection into the playing element, etc...
*Avery thought she was so funny when she put a piece of lettuce in a cup of water and then tried to get me to drink it.
Avery HATES getting up for school at 8 each morning. She is my only child sleeping in at this point, and the only one who truly can't. That is one of the few times she gets extremely grumpy and obstinent. She talks about it on the weekends, early in the day, etc. She hates it. One night as I was putting her to bed she said, "Whenever I have to get up in the morning I just get SO ANGRY because I don't want to get up!" Thank you early morning school for helping Avery to articulate her first angry emotion.
*One day Avery and Macy decided to clean the whole entire house. They were running around cleaning bedrooms, cleaning the basement, the sinks in all the bathrooms, the laundry room floor, the kitchen floor, the kitchen counters, etc. They were so sweet and amazing. It was neat to see how good they felt after all their service.
Carston:
*Carston has been so amazing reading his scriptures. He is very diligent and determined to finish the Book of Mormon before he is baptized. I love to see him understand what he's reading. He gets really excited to find a story that he's heard about before. He will read several chapters on his own.
Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment