Carston worked really hard before his baptism. He made a goal a few months back to read the Book of Mormon before he was baptized. He had to be so diligent and work so hard in order to reach that goal. There were a few times where I didn't think he was going to make it. But he was persistant and dedicated. It was very special to see him read and understand the scriptures. He would get so excited when he came to stories he knew. He was also excited when he found the baptism prayer near the end. It was pretty neat to see the Spirit working on him, helping him know that what he was doing was good, and seeing how good he felt about himself after reading. The fact that a 7 year old boy would stay commited to such a great undertaking (especially considering the difficulty of the language) was a testament to me of the truth of the Book of Mormon. I was so pleased with his desire and dedication.
I loved that when we were getting out of the car, Carston turned to us and said, "Remember when I got baptized...that was awesome!"
PS-The funny parts of the day were Macy leaning on all the piano keys as I tried to play the closing song, Kate yelling "MOM!" super loud throughout the program, Carston later telling us he thought he was going to pee his pants he was so nervous, Kade's mom forgetting the papers saying he could get baptized with us, me forgetting to reserve the pavillion at the park and arriving to find all the tables covered with tablecloths, and me taking Avery to the doctor at 10:00 that night to find out she had strep :)
No comments:
Post a Comment