Kate:*One day when I was trying to get something done in the kitchen I decided to let Kate play up at the sink. She spent over an hour washing the dishes and moving them all around. It was super cute.
*Kate LOVES to wrap her arms around her Daddy's neck! She will hold on forever giving him hugs and telling him she loves him. She holds him tight and doesn't let him go. She is so sweet with him and loves him so much.
Macy:*Avery and Carston were talking about the tooth fairy. Avery was saying the tooth fairy was like Jesus because we couldn't see both of them, but they were still real (time to be "discovered"). Carston was telling her it wasn't real. Avery wanted to know who took his teeth then. Carston said mom. Avery asked me if I had Carston's teeth. I said no. Carston said Dad had them. I said no. Finally Avery blurted out, "Well I KNOW it's real because I feel it in my heart!" A few seconds later, Macy, who'd been listening intently to the debate solemnly piped in with, "I KNOW it's real too because I feel it in my heart."
*Macy likes to call the piano the "pla-no" the remote the "Ma-rote" and sings the song "Ong the single ladies...Ong the single ladies." I love hearing all her mixed up words and I love that she is always adament that her pronounciation is correct.
*Macy has been quite hilarious this month with her potty episodes. She has returned to the tactic of waiting until the very last second to go so she won't have to stop playing. One day at Grandma's she came running up the stairs yelling that she had to go potty. When everyone replied with the obvious response of "Go!' She responded by saying, "I can't! I can't let go because then pooh will get on my underwear!" She was running around holding her bum so the pooh wouldn't come out. Which didn't work. When we were in the bathroom and I was telling her she couldn't wait that long or pooh would indeed get on her underwear, she was adament that she didn't wait too long. "I didn't WAIT! It just sneaked out!"
*I checked on Macy one night and found her sleeping with an eye mask on.
*"Some heads are circles and some heads are ovals. Mine is a circle."
Avery:*Avery and Carston were talking about the tooth fairy. Avery was saying the tooth fairy was like Jesus because we couldn't see both of them, but they were still real (time to be "discovered"). Carston was telling her it wasn't real. Avery wanted to know who took his teeth then. Carston said mom. Avery asked me if I had Carston's teeth. I said no. Carston said Dad had them. I said no. Finally Avery blurted out, "Well I KNOW it's real because I feel it in my heart!" A few seconds later, Macy, who'd been listening intently to the debate solemnly piped in with, "I KNOW it's real too because I feel it in my heart."
*Avery went to her cousin's birthday party a few months ago. For part of it, they held up a fake dumbbell to show how strong they were. The part that stuck out to Avery, since she wanted to tell me about it two months later, was how the grandma there said, "Wow! She can even do it with a smile!" I thought it was cute that the comment made an impression on her and made her feel special.
*Avery told me that if I couldn't be her mom, she'd pick me to be her best friend.
*Avery decided not to go up to the stand to sing for the Mother's Day song with all the primary kids. Either she was nervous or decided to jump at the opportunity to have mommy practically by herself.
*Avery was playing outside and I heard her say, "This grass is NOT delightful." She is a girl who loves using different kinds of words and as many different adjectives as she can think of. I love it.
Carston:*Carston was so excited to be the reverence child. This meant he stood up on the stand (looking reverent) while the prelude was going before sacrament meeting started. He made sure we would be there 10 minutes early. And then when he was standing up there, he looked like it was the last thing in the world that he wanted to be doing. It is hard to tell sometimes if things are making him nervous or if he just is trying to play it cool so people won't think he's a "little kid."
*Right now, Carston wants to be an archeologist. He was pretty excited when we were able to go with a homeschooling group to a real archeological dig site. I like that he's my buddy in trying and experiencing things we haven't done before. He has really liked studying and cleaning the neat rocks my Grandpa Dick left behind.
*One day when Carston and Avery were playing I heard him tell her, "No Avery. We are just normal people. We don't fall in love."
*Avery and Carston were talking about the tooth fairy. Avery was saying the tooth fairy was like Jesus because we couldn't see both of them, but they were still real (time to be "discovered"). Carston was telling her it wasn't real. Avery wanted to know who took his teeth then. Carston said mom. Avery asked me if I had Carston's teeth. I said no. Carston said Dad had them. I said no. Finally Avery blurted out, "Well I KNOW it's real because I feel it in my heart!" A few seconds later, Macy, who'd been listening intently to the debate solemnly piped in with, "I KNOW it's real too because I feel it in my heart."
Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
2 months ago
2 comments:
K...we need to get Macy and Gwen together more often.
Gwen is obsessed with Rapunzel too...and her favorite song is "Single Ladies."
They're like the same kid!
So funny! Loved reading all of these posts! Your kids are so cute.
Chelsey
Post a Comment