Monday, August 27, 2007

Are All People Excited By the Things That Scare Them, Or Just Kids?


Carston totally cracks me up. He had a playdate with a little boy his age and he was so excited about these little Star Wars figurines he had at his house. I told him that we could see how much they were, and he could buy one with his own money if he had enough. So we went to the store and he debated forever about which one he wanted to buy. He finally settled on Darth Vader. He was all decked out with his mask and black cape and light saber. Anyway, he played with it all day, didn't want Avery to sit on it, made sure when I held it that I wouldn't let it get lost, etc... So tonight I'm putting him to bed and we decide to stand him up on his headboard until morning so he won't get broken. Five minutes after I leave his room he starts calling for me. "Mommy? I don't want the Star Wars guy in my room because I'll get scared. And I don't want the pirate book on my bed because it's scary (the pirate book from the library that he read for almost the WHOLE entire day when he got it!)" It seriously cracks me up.

4 comments:

Heather M. said...

WHAT A CUTIE! I WANT TO GET OUR BOYS TOGETHER - SOON! I'LL HAVE TO PULL OUT OUR STAR WARS FIGURES FOR THEM TO PLAY WITH.

HEATHER

Heather O'Brien said...

He is so cute. I love that little smirk on his face. I love hearing his stories. He has so many funny things he says everyday. I miss my fluffy!

geri said...

What a cute kid! I'm not sure exactly when things will calm down, but when they do, we are definitely getting together. (Yes, that was Seth's little bro.)

M said...

What a great look! I'm glad someone else is laughing at their child.