Carston had his first day of preschool today. I hadn't planned on being emotional about it, but I was. It is the beginning of a new chapter in both our lives. For the last four years, he has been my little buddy and spent almost every hour of every day with me. And now he's forging out into the world on his own. I know it is only preschool (a few hours a few days a week), but 1st grade is right around the corner, and then he will be spending most of his day with people who aren't me. I hope that I have given him a good foundation and that he will only want to choose the things that will bring happiness into his life and the lives of others. He is such a good kid and I marvel at how old he is getting. The years when your kids spend their days with you, when you are their best friend, are precious. Driving home, he asked me if I missed him while he was gone. He makes me smile.
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my heck!! K, he's not even my kid and I cried when you called me! I love him! That is so cute that he picked his outfit out with mom. I love fluffy! I'm glad he had a good time. When he called me to tell me about it I asked him if he was scared and he said, "No, but my mom really missed me! She was sad." What a cutie! Love you guys!
Post a Comment