This summer has been pretty busy. We went out to California with my family at the beginning of the summer. It was quite crazy making the drive out with my 8 months pregnant body. Good thing we had already prepared to be the epitome of the stereotypical Mormon family and had the minivan in place. I was able to stretch out in luxury! I first realized I was the Newport Beach tourist attraction while body surfing at the beach. There were a few people on the beach that were quite obviously taking pictures specifically of me. After seeing the pictures my Dad took though (does that stomach even look real!), I can understand. As you can see, I was quite an anomaly! I had several strangers say that I must be due ANY minute. I guess there aren't quite as many pregos out in Cali. We had a good time despite the paparazzi.
A month later, I was nervously induced and Macy Saige made her entrance into the world. I was grateful not to be the girl in the room next door whose baby didn't wait for the anesthesiologist. Her screams pretty much vetoed any idea I entertained of doing it "natural." Epidurals all the way. Macy followed the lead of her siblings and came out big and chubby with lots of hair (8 lbs. 8 oz.). She sleeps and eats well and hasn't made life too difficult (aside from the fact that I can no longer do shopping of any kind until Carston starts preschool)!
Less than a week after Macy was born, an event we've all anticipated and dreaded occurred. My sweet Grandma Gladys passed away. Most of you know how close we were to her. She lived with us in a basement apartment from the time I was twelve. She had bad health for such a long time, but there was no one who could derive more joy out of the circumstances of life than her. She was a light in the world. It was such a blessing to have her be such an integral part of our lives, and it has been hard not having her with us anymore.Heather came out from Iowa for her funeral and was able to stay for a month. That sure made life go by fast. It was fun hanging out with her and watching our kids play together. We went to the zoo, swam, shopped, did fireworks (Carston
4 comments:
Hooray!!! I'm so excited you got a blog!! (And forgot to tell me). Just reading your one post made me forget how much I miss you guys though! Love your guts!
Love seeing your blog. I figured out how to get in by going into the history for the day. Someone had closed it. Anyway it is now among my favorites--because you are among my very favorite people.
Love you so much,
Mom
Natalie,
I wanted to tell you this before I forget. Interesting connection. I was reading Micaela's blog and saw where her husband went to his grandparents funeral. I was curious as to how the funeral could be for both grandparents, so I read their obituaries. Micaela's husband's grandmother was friends of Grandma and Grandpa when they lived in Wyoming. Grandpa and Bessie (the Grandma) were both born in McKinnon, Wyo. He knows Bessie and all her brothers and sisters. Grandpa told me stories about the family, etc. When I saw her maiden name, I knew Grandma and Grandpa knew her. Lots of connections in this world, huh?
Love, Mom
Hope you had a good day.
I can't believe how much your family has grown up. I love, love, LOVE the picture of Carston and Avery on the grass. And thank you for posting a pic of an 8 month preggie albeit from a distance.
Post a Comment