Alma 26:12 "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Spencer W. Kimball, "Have you prayed to the Lord for inspiration? Do you say in your prayers: 'They will be done?' Did you say, "Heavenly Father, if you will inspire and impress me with the right, I will do that right'?...'Tell me please, loved Heavenly Father, and I promise to do what you tell me to do.' Have you prayed that way? Don't you think it might be wise? Are you courageous enough to pray that prayer? The Lord will give you anwser to your questions and to your prayers if you are listening."
So, I know that all of my posts have been spiritual lately, and that might be annoying for some people. But that's okay, they don't have to read them. I feel like I need to bear my testimony. This past week, I received a prompting from the Spirit that was so overwhelming, there was no doubt in my mind that I needed to do it. It left such a weight in my heart, I knew I would not feel at peace until I had carried out the action I knew I needed to take. But the thought of doing it made me physically sick. So I prayed. I prayed for revelation about every single detail. And God asnwered me. He gave me the words I needed to use. He led me to the information I needed to share. He inspired me with the manner I should approach it. And most importantly, he gave me courage and love to replace my fear and insecurity. I have never felt more strongly that I was not acting for myself, that I was merely an instrument in God's hands to reach one of his children. I'm just in awe of how powerful we can be when we forget ourselves and our weaknesses and accept what God wants us to do. When we seek revelation from him and commit to follow through with whatever he needs. God cares for his children through his children. He is so aware of us all and the things that we need. But he can't come down and administer to us. He needs us to administer to each other. As I look back over the last few months, and even back into my past, I can see how the Lord prepared me to be his instrument at this time.
5 comments:
Thanks for your testimony Natalie. I feel the same way sometimes, I don't want to be spiritual too much in fear that it will be annoying to someone. Who cares! We shouldn't be embarrassed about how we feel, and like you said, if it bothers someone,the they don't have to read. You are amazing, thanks for your toughts.
Natalie,
Thank you so much for your testimony. I really admire you and look forward to your thoughts and blogs daily. You are such a inspiration to me. There is a quote that I love and I share often with others and I thought of it when I read your blog. It goes "A righteous women is not a perfect women but, one who bears testimony daily of Christ and is striving to do her best." Testimony is such a strong tool that our Father in Heaven has given each of us. I have given myself the challenge to bear testimony of him everyday. If not through my words then through my actions. I know that you do this. You are amazing!
Love,
Karli
Naddy, you're amazing! I love your guts. Thanks for your words. I needed them. I am so proud of you! Oh, and I just got your message! You are hilarious! Of course John wouldn't appreciate as much as me. You better teach Avery and Macy that one. he he.
Natalie!
Bethany just gave me the link to your blog. I love your blog!! You inspire me to be a better person. Thank you especially for this post I needed it. I too loved that quote and need to pray with more faith. Thank you for your example of courage and faith. You are an amazing mom!! You can check out my blog at http://fiveforfun.wordpress.com
Sorry, Natalie if my comment was confusing since I post comments under my husbands name.
Amber
Post a Comment