Monday, November 26, 2007

Celebrate Life

I've been working with some women in my ward on a tree for the festival of trees. Today was the day where we set it up. A lot of the trees are in honor or memory of people who have died (all the proceeds go to Primary Children's Hospital). It was touching to walk around and see so many people, who had lost someone they loved, setting up these trees to remember the people who had touched their lives. One of my favorite trees though had a huge wood cut-out in front of their tree that said, "Celebrate Life." I like that. We never know when it will be time for us or someone we love to leave this life, and I think we should cherish the simple joys that are a part of every day.

Carston: Mommy, when I die can you make a tree with teenage mutant ninja turtles on it, because I really like teenage mutant ninja turtles (he's never even seen it:)
Me: Well, I might die before you do because I'm older than you.
Carston: Oh. Well can Daddy then?
Me: Well, Daddy might die before you too because he's older too.
Carston: Then who can doooo it?
Me: Maybe Avery could.
Carston: Okay. But if I die before you do, then can you make a tree with teenage mutant ninja turtles on it for me?

7 comments:

M said...

Nice. Carston is hilarious!

Heather O'Brien said...

I LOVE Carston! I really like that saying too. Thanks. That's cool you guys are doing a tree. I love to look at all those. Can't wait to see you guys. 11 more days!!!

KarliSue said...

Okay our two little Karston's are so much a like. I love the funny things they say.

Karston keeps asking me when he gets to have Carston come over to play. We have to get together and soon!!

Breanne said...

I love Carston!! We are going up tonight to see the trees! I am excited, it is my first time going and I have lived here all of my life. Sad huh?

Heather O'Brien said...

Natalie!!! You can kiss my butt!! We can't all be as smart as you with our spelling!! J/K. The best part about it is that I actually looked up online how to spell it and I thought, "oh, that's it!" So I didn't even read the definition. Sorry that you have a dummy sister! And to think that I teach kids! That's scary! con't wate to c yu!

Heather O'Brien said...

Ask mom about my lastest cooking question! You'll die! I'm so dumb.

Audrey O'Brien said...

nat- i can always count on you for some spiritual inspiration ... you give me much to draw strength on. cant wait to see you some more when heather is here ... since we never get together on our own even though WE SHOULD!