Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Croup Stinks

Macy has croup. Carston has it. Avery is just getting over it. But Macy is Struggling with it big time. I haven't slept in two nights for any period longer than 30 minutes, and those were definitely rare half hours in the night. Just a nice reminder that winter is upon us with all the lovely sicknesses that seem to never end when you have lots of kids and some of them spend lots of time in public institutions of education. Time for John and I to consider living in a warmer climate again. Anyway, just wanted to vent a little bit. I hate seeing Macy so sick that nothing can calm her down or give her relief. She's such a cutie though. As soon as she heard Kate waking up from her nap, she stopped her whimpering to go in and say, "Hi Babies! Did you wake up? Ohhhhh....Hi Baby Kate!" Love my kids. Even when I'm extremely sleep deprived and they are extremely unhappy :)

2 comments:

Bethany said...

It's so hard when your kids are sick. The exhaustion, the need for a break, but no one can take over. Hopefully every one gets better soon. I loved your dentist post- that is a miracle! It's those experiences that fill us with hope and allow us to be the best moms we can be.

Heather O'Brien said...

SO...Texas would be a perfect place to live! I vote you move in :). I'm sorry. I hope the kiddos get better soon! Love your guts!