I made it through my third year of Girls' Camp! I can't even tell you the weight that is off my shoulders (although I feel guilty even saying that because of all the hard, amazing work my camp director did-seriously, I better not have to follow in her shoes). Girls' Camp is one of those things I have a Love/Hate relationship with. SO much work goes into it. So much planning, buying, making, organizing, etc. I thought I appreciated my leaders back in the day, but I had NO idea what a huge undertaking it is. But then, once you are up there, you get to see the fruit of your labors. As I watched the change it had upon one girl in particular, I thought to myself, "I would have done it all, every single little thing, even if her life was the only one changed." And I meant it. There is something amazing that happens at camp. We had experiences up there that could not be had anywhere else. I am so grateful for the program and the opportunity. I know that the lives of the young women I serve were changed as a result. And besides all that, it was a blast! I feel like I have the most amazing young women that I'm serving. They are so much fun! They bring out a crazy, zany, hilarious version of myself. I love these girls. Seriously love them and would do anything in my power to help them. It is often a challenge to fulfill my calling with my family responsibilities, but I feel so blessed for being in the position I'm in. As I strive to strengthen, inspire, lift, encourage, and testify to these girls, I am strengthened, inspired, lifted, encouraged, and my testimony grows in the process.
Alisha the Eldest, Alicia the Youngest, and Me
LONE PINE! I have this exact same picture from over 1o years ago :)
The PANTS! This is top secret, but I don't want anyone there to forget it and what it means!

And I want to say Thank You to Karli for sharing her story with me. It inspired me in the direction to take when I gave my devotional. It was an experience that touched the girls and one that I'm sure they will never forget. I was so nervous about what I felt inspired to do, but plunged ahead anyway. And that is how miracles happen :)
2 comments:
You are awesome! Those girls are lucky to have you. And your forgetting to mention how you have to leave your 4 kids behind all week :).
Nat ~ you are super mom that's for sure. I have no idea how you get it all done. The girls birthday pics and the Build A Bear trip were great. Thanks for posting them. Glad to see you the other night. Sorry it was only for just a few minutes. Story of our lives :-) Love you!
Post a Comment