Friday, March 14, 2008

High Aspirations

Conversation on the way to preschool:

Maddie (cousin): When I get bigger, I want to, um, I want, um, I want to have 5 kids!
Carston: Well, when I grow up, I want to be a TEENager!
Avery: I want to be a princess.
Carston: Avery, you CAN'T be a princess, do you want to be a teacher?
Avery: Okay.

Conversation at the end of the day:

Carston: Mom, I guess I want to be a fireman and a teenager when I grow up.
Me: That sounds good.
Carston: Wait, what is a teenager?
Me: What do you think it is?
Carston: I think it's like someone who tells you what's good and what's not good to do.

7 comments:

Lindy Rae said...

Man! What a smart kid - teenagers DO tell you what to do.

A fireman and a teenager - that's awesome. Your kids are funny.

Heather O'Brien said...

he is so funny. I love it. Glad he's okay going to preschool again :)

Stacy said...

That is awesome Natalie. Kids say the coolest things. My boys are always saying how they can't wait to be teenagers. Urgh - I can totally wait!!!

Susanna said...

Hilarious!!!! It's amazing the things kids come up with. I guess it's good he wants to be a teenager, maybe that's a sign that he'll be a good one.

Breanne said...

I love it! Kids are so funny!

Lindsay said...

Super cute. I love kid conversations!

S.T. Lewis said...

I like that you asked Carston what he thought a teenager was instead of telling him... that's good thinking, because if you just tell him, you don't get to hear his wonderful answer. I'm going to learn from this method of conversing with kids. Thanks!

(Sorry we didn't make it to John's party. I hope you invite us to other parties... we were just out of town.)