Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Party Party

I am so proud of myself. I pulled off a surprise party for John. And I think it was actually fun. I don't consider myself an exceptionally "fun" person, so that was an acheivement. He is turning 30 on Thursday, and he can't stand the idea of getting old. It is one of the very few things that upsets him. So I said we were taking him back to the '80s of his youth. People dressed up, we had some good food, a PacMan contest, some nice karaoke, and a game of guess the theme song (all '80s shows). Most importantly, no kids were allowed. Carston was wondering about that one so I had to explain that sometimes when parents have their kids at parties, they don't get to play because their kids need their help most of the time. I'm grateful for my mom and dad for helping me pull it off. We had it at their house and they spent the whole day either helping me make food, or running to the store for things I had forgotten. As a side note, I was rear-ended in the middle of the days preparations. I had to spend an hour waiting and talking to Officer Campbell. I felt so bad for the guy who hit me. Not only did he get a ticket for "following too close" but also for driving with expired registration. Luckily I had listened to my mom and left Macy with her while I ran to the store. When I went to get Avery and Carston, Avery was very disturbed by my shirt. The first thing she did when she saw me was to point at my shirt and say "Take dat off!" She told me five more times when we got home and then finally led me to my room in disgust to get me a new one. She also asked me if I was "widdle." Maybe it was because I was sporting the same hairstyle as I had when I was little. I'm grateful that I was never an adult in the '80s. It was a little scary to see what that would have been like!

8 comments:

Amber said...

That is an awesome idea and it looked like a fun 30th Birthday party. Happy Birthday John!

Stacy said...

Natalie - How fun are you! You are so creative. I would have never thought of that! Sorry about your car - that is a bummer. Hopefully you didn't get any whiplash!

Audrey O'Brien said...

its been a while since i looked at your blog, i think cause a while back you were being lazy on the posting. it was fun to catch up on all that you have posted latley! your a doll!

Heather O'Brien said...

Wow!!! I can't believe you actually posted (and so many pictures!) I'm quite impressed. It made me miss you guys like crazy. I can't believe how big the kids are getting and how young your looking! ha ha. Love the pictures of the party! Wasn't that mom's old shirt? That cracks me up about Avery telling you to take it off! She's so funny! I wish I could've gone. You are such a sweet wife. love you.

Schauers Hours said...

Way to go! That looks like fun, and you look fabulous! Sorry about the accident, I'm glad you weren't hurt.

Breanne said...

That is awesome!! But I agree with Avery, that shirt is horrible :) Sorry about your car, are you ok? And it is always nicer not to have the kids when something like that happens.

Eric and Shelene said...

Wow, John is so old! Looks like it was a lot of fun. Eric got rear-ended the night before our wedding when he was on his way to decorate for the reception.

The Alands said...

You totally look like Punky Brewster, I love it. What a good party planner you are.