Wednesday, March 26, 2008
A Miracle...With a Bandaid-Bum
Carston had his Kindergarten check-up on Wednesday. I have seriously been dreading this since he was two. If any of you know Carston's temperament, you know why I was worried. The last time he was at the doctor, the doctor couldn't even touch him without him being hysterical. Seriously. When he had a cavity that needed to be filled, he had to be SEDATED to get it taken care of. Otherwise, he was kicking and flailing and doing anything he could to get away. So you can understand why I was so apprehensive. Not only would they be doing routine stuff like checking ears and listening to lungs etc.-which has never gone well on its own, but he would also have to strip down to his underwear and get five shots (in his poor little bum)! Anyway, I have been praying for about two weeks about this event. I was just terrified that he would be freaking out, that nurses would be holding him down, and that he would be traumatized. Because he is definitely capable of being traumatized. But I prayed about it every day, and little ideas would come to me of how I could make it go smoother. When we left the doctor's office, I almost started crying because it went so well. He did everything he needed to without hesitation or prodding. And he didn't even cry until the very last shot (and the nurse said that shot was painful because it stings). I was so proud of him, and so grateful to the Lord for helping us. I know in the eternal scheme of things, that this event wasn't important, but I also know that on that day when we were at the office, it was a very big deal for Carston. And so my prayers were answered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Way to go Carston. I'm so glad it went well. You're forgetting to mention what a WONDERFUL mother you are though who takes the time to "role-play" and prepare him for everything. I seriously look up to you so much! Hopefully I can be as good a mother as you.
Thank you so much for sharing that experience. YOu are an amazing example to me!!
What a wonderful mother you are Natalie. You are truly living by the spirit, and doing what will make things easier in this life for your sweet little ones. How blessed they are to have you for a mother.
Mary and George
Post a Comment