Friday, March 21, 2008

New Additions

Our family has unexpectedly expanded.
By two.
If Carston was the one to introduce you, he'd say,
"This is my new friend-Rocket. He's a goldfish."

Rocket also has a girlfriend named Daisy. At least we'll pretend those are their actual genders. Who knows what they really are.

In explanation, we went to Cousin Drake's 1st birthday party. Everyone had the opportunity to "catch" their own fish out of a pool of water. So now we have our first pet.

And Ashlee...
For Carston's birthday I'm going to have everyone "catch" a new puppy that they can take home. Your kids are the only ones invited.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

That's pretty funny Natalie. We will come to your puppy party - maybe that will finally get us the dog I have been wanting but JD says we will never have. So we are all up for that! :)

Heather O'Brien said...

ha ha. That is awesome! I love Carston's face and I can totally see him saying that. Hope you have better luck than I did. Have fun cleaning the bowl. P.S. I have lots of fish food. I will send your way.

Lindy Rae said...

That party was hilarious! We have a pet now too - and Gwen doesn't even care about fish yet. So Shane named it "Steven Tyler." No - he's not obsessed with Aerosmith, he's just weird. I think it's because of the giant lips our fish has.

We'll come to your puppy party too - if they're basset hound puppies.

PS - your blog has awesome music.

The Alands said...

I totally want to come to your party. James is moving back to Utah and wants us to take Cooper back, I have the prize puppy. We should really get together got lunch. What is your schedule like the next couple of weeks.

Lindsay said...

At least you have only two...we have three. You know what that means...three discussions on death as we stand around the toilet. Looking forward to it.