Monday, February 23, 2009

3 Little Things

These are the things that have made the last six weeks enjoyable even though someone has always been sick during them. Can I just say how sick I am of winter because of all the illness that comes with it. I can not wait until spring :)

Carston
*How sweet his prayers are. He never asks for blessings but always just says he's grateful instead. Maybe that is evidence of his faith, already expressing gratitude for the things he desires. He is always saying "Grateful that Avery won't get sick, and Macy, and Kate, and Mommy, and Daddy." On Valentine's evening, he was grateful that "everyone could share their love."
*The fact that he is totally a boy now. A few weeks ago when I put Kate in the bath with the girls, she did our first poop in the tub. He thought that was so funny. When I picked him up from school the next day he was disappointed because he "forgot to tell his friends how Kate pooped in the tub.
*How sweet he is to his sisters. We were driving home late one night. He was sick and kind of sleeping in the car. Kate started crying a little. While he was still sleeping, Carston started saying her name like he does when he's trying to comfort her.
Avery
*She is all girl. She is adamant about having her hair blown dry each day. And she wants it down. And I can not curl it. And she doesn't want any little hairs, not even one, sticking up. She has also started trying on various clothes before she decides what she wants to wear that day.
*How animated and elaborate she is when she's playing. The other day I heard her telling Macy, "Don't ever, Ever, EVER change your mind Macy." Little does she know that women are notorious for that.
*I love the way she wants to make other people happy. She was playing fish with my mom and Carston yesterday, and my mom was trying to teach her that you don't want other people to know what cards you have. It didn't work though because she liked it when she helped someone get a match. She is a people pleaser. She got a big thing of gum for Valentine's and she kept telling me how she was going to share it with all her friends... "but I already ate it all gone so I can't"

Macy
*My little Moo-Moo. She cracks me up all day long. I love that she calls Carston "Darsus." She starts asking for him every day when we go to pick him up from school. Then as soon as he gets in the car it's, "Hi Darsus." "Hi Babies."
*She has started calling me "mom" when she gets impatient with me. "Mommy. Mommy. Mom. MOM."
*I love the way she talks to Kate. "Ohhhhh. Baaabee." She says it in this deep throaty voice. Our big baby has a baby voice for our little baby. Too cute.

Kate
*Every once in a while she'll go 5 hours at night without eating!
*I love when I'm holding her and look down to find her staring and smiling at me.
*I'm grateful that she is so calm and content as long as she has her needs taken care of.

John
*How much he supports me in my calling. He had all the kids by himself yesterday from 9-4 while I had to go to meetings and church. I popped in a few times to feed Kate but that was it. He is the best Dad.
*He doesn't make fun of me when I get scared. Well, maybe just a little. I hate scary movies, but I wanted to be a good compromiser, so I went with him to see Taken. Carston was sick that night with a high fever. In the middle of the night he came in and said he was scared. I put him back to bed, but then I heard him crying a few minutes later. When I went and asked him what was wrong he said that someone was talking really loud and waking him up and he wanted some ice water. Between the scary movie and that weird comment, I was creeped out. So I went back into John and told him I was too scared to go in the kitchen, could he please get Carston some medicine and ice water. He totally did.
*I love being able to snuggle up again without a big belly in the way. Just another reason why it's nice not to be pregnant.

3 comments:

Heather O'Brien said...

Your kids are adorable. That was such a cute post. I love hearing those things because I don't get to see them very often. Hallie wanted to see the pics too. She said, "Oh! It's Mace! She's way cool." Then she continued to ask if Avery was going to come to our house to play. She loves them. Miss you!

Jill said...

That was such a sweet post. I'm sorry, I tend to forget about the private blogs because it doesn't show when they are updated on my blog list, so I haven't been here for awhile. It's fun when I remember to go to the private blogs because there's usually alot of fun new posts to read!

Did you go on aflac again with Kate? Do you know of a good broker?

~Michelle~ said...

What a great little family you have!