(Can I get one of these for my house, except replace "Honk" with "Whine")
John and I went to New York and Vermont all by our lonesome. We made an arrangement with Brett and Ashlee to switch off babysitting each year so we could go on "Couple Vacations." Not that we don't love vacationing with all our kids, but I'm sure you understand if you have a houseful of little youngsters yourself. The kids were going lots of different places, so there was LOTS of packing, and different bags, and organizing that went on before we left. I feel so blessed to have amazingly great people in my life who gave us such an awesome gift by caring for our kids. Because it really was a gift for John and I to spend the time together. Thank you so much Mom, Ashlee, Bobbi Ann, Lindsay, and Tiffany. I didn't have to worry and be nervous about my kids because I knew they were in such good hands (I only worried about the sanity of those who were taking care of them:) Anyway, New York was pretty fun. That was definitely not the relaxing part of the vacation. We went to bed every night with our legs aching because of all the walking around we did. We saw a lot of tourist attractions, which you know, isn't super cool, but you kind of feel like you have to do it at least once right? My favorite part had to be seeing "Wicked." It was awesome. I love the storyline and all the things it gives you to think about. I also loved all the awesome, cheap jewelry I got. Definitely a favorite. It was also fun spending time with Randy. And I apologize for not being quite so eloquent about your apartment. I'm not used to bacholor pads with minimal dishes and little guests (I apologize little mouse for jumping onto the chair when you ran across the middle of the kitchen-you startled me).
Halfway through the trip we headed to Vermont to see some of our oldest friends. Todd and Gina. What can I say? We both kind of started our journey to marriage together, and there is just something about those friends you had while you were dating and newly married. They know you differently than those who have only experienced since kids came along. We love spending time with you guys. There is a side of John that only comes out around certain people like Todd, and it is a side that I love. We wish they lived closer, but after finally visiting Ver-mont, I can understand why Todd would want to return to the place of his childhood. It really is beautiful there. It is a forest. Seriously, a forest. When you are driving on the roads, you can't see around you at all because you are surrounded by trees. We had fun sitting around campfires, making smores, going cliff jumping into a gorge, hanging out by the lake, sliding down a natural waterslide in a river, playing the wii, etc. I surprised myself by being the first one to jump off the cliff after Todd led the way. It was awesome. Sorry about losing your shoes Gina :) That and the waterslide were so awesome. We sat down in this river (ice-cold!) and it pushed down and spit us out into this pool of water. I loved it. It was interesting to come from New York where people marvel at all the creations of man, but as cool as they were, they just couldn't compete with the creations of God. It was beautiful there. Thank you Gina so much for letting us stay with you just days before your baby was born. I think you are amazing.
(John demonstrated his Manhood by cutting down one of Todd's trees)
I thouroghly enjoyed our vacation, but by the end, I was ready to come back home and get back to work raising our kids and running our household. What can I say, I love what I do. So we hopped on the plane where we got stuck on the runway for almost two hours and I was on the verge of a panic attack. Never so glad for a plane to take off. While flying, we went through a thunderstorm. I would say it was amazing, but I think I've used that adjective several times already. It was incredible. So was the whole trip. I love John. I love spending time with him regardless of where we are. Thanks again to everyone who made it possible, hopefully I can repay the favor some day.
2 comments:
That looks like a great trip!
Thanks for coming guys! It was fun chilling. Luke is still talking about John.
Post a Comment