Macy
One day after we got back from New York Macy said, "Where's Daddy?" "At work." "I want my Daddy to come baaaaccckkk!"
Macy thinks she is pretty funny. When I asked her what sound a cow makes, she paused for a minute, then said Meow with a smirk on her face. Now any animal says, "Meow" and she laughs super hard each time she says it.
Avery had been singing, "You got the beat." Later that day Macy walked up to me and said, "You got the beat Mom. You got the beat."
Macy saw the red sled in the garage. "I went on that with Daddy!" she said. (She remembered from last winter, I'm glad she didn't remember going on it with me and crashing:)
Kate
August 12: Kate pulled herself up to standing position. She's only been crawling well for a couple of weeks. It's like she can't wait to see what she can do next. Crawling? Check. What comes after that? Standing? Check.
August 16: Kate got her first tooth today!
Carston
We had talked about service for FHE and how it makes you happy. We decided to put a paper on the fridge and draw a smiley face on it whenever you did service for someone or they did it for you. One night the kids got really into it. They kept asking what they could do. At one point Carston said, "Is there anything else I can do to help you?" It made me laugh. It is one thing every mother would love to hear from her kids, but I didn't expect to hear it from him when he was just 6 :)
Sacrament meeting can be a struggle, trying to keep all the kids quiet and occupied. I don't neccessarily want it to be playtime, but I also can't have them be a disruption (which we are even on a good day). I'm always trying different things trying to find the elusive miracle that ends with all kids sitting quietly and still understanding that church is a place to learn and feel the Spirit. One thing we started doing was not getting things out of the bag until the sacrament was over. Realistic expectation for Carston and Avery, but not so much for Macy. So one Sunday as soon as we got there, Macy started pulling out crayons, and I didn't have the energy to fight her. So of course Avery and Carston wanted to know why Macy got to color and they didn't. I said that I liked for them to wait until the sacrament was over, but they could choose. Avery, being four, thought it was great and pulled out her crayons. Carston thought for a minute and told me that he'd wait. So he sat there quietly until it was over. Then he leaned over and said," Mom, I'm not going to even color for the WHOLE time!" He was being so sweet, but I felt a little bad. I told him it was okay if he wanted to, but he held his ground. He actually listened to some of the talks.
Carston says that Kate is the cutest one in the family. Avery told me not to feel bad because I'm still cute.
One day, Carston went into his room and shut the door. When Avery tried to follow, he told her not to come in because he needed some "alone time."
Avery
One day I realized that Avery and Macy were too quiet. When I found them in the bathroom, Avery had put soap all over Macy's legs, arms, tummy, head...everywhere. I didn't know what was more funny, the fact that Avery had done it, or the fact that Macy had sat still long enough to let her.
Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
2 months ago
1 comment:
Wow - I'm impressed! You have really caught up on your blog. Forever there was nothing and then "BAM"! So cute. I love reading it all.
Post a Comment