Tuesday, January 19, 2010

December Sayings

Carston
*Avery was upset with me because I put her footsie pajamas in the "too small" box. In response to her whining Carston said, "That's what I hate about being 6...not being able to wear footsies."
*I was pushed to my limits one night with all the sick kids. When I went to say prayers with Carston that night he asked that "everyone wouldn't be whiny tomorrow, that Kate wouldn't throw up" etc. It made me cry knowing he was sensitive to my struggle and did the only thing he could think of to help me.
Avery
*I was talking to John about how Avery's imagination slows her down in her reading. Two minutes later I had this example. We were reading one of her books from school. She was on the last page of the story, but on the opposite page was her new words to practice for the next book. She stops mid-sentence when she sees "rat" on the new words page. "Rat, rat, rat...there's a rat in the house!...There's a rat at the wedding!" It took her a little while to remember that she still had a few sentences to finish reading!
*We trained Sadie right from the start to sleep with Avery. She came out one morning and said excitedly, "Sadie slept in my bed for like HOURS!"
Macy
*I asked Macy to help me get Kate's jammies, so she took off down the hall shouting, "Power Girl to the rescue!"
*"My Carston is my BEST buddy!"
*Before Christmas ever arrived, Macy went around telling everyone that Santa was bringing her a present and a dog.
*Avery was being sweet to John when we were getting everyone in the car. "Daddy's the BEST!" she said, to which Macy responded, "Yeah, and Mommy's the WORST!" I'm glad she knows her opposites :)
*Macy likes it when she thinks she's being funny. We were all driving in the car one night, actually quiet and peaceful surprisingly. Out of nowhere Macy says, "Mommy, Carston's crying. It's hurting my ears! Tell him to stop crying!" She was pleased with herself when everyone laughed :) That same night she thought she was pretty clever when she said she'd done a "burpstar" instead of a regular old burp.
Kate
*Kate was sick a lot in December, which meant a lot of waking up in the night. I was so tired after getting up several times with her that I finally sent John in. He took her out and she was just screaming and freaking out. He tried a bottle, changed her diaper, everything he could think of. Meanwhile I was in the room thinking it was a waste to make John get up since I couldn't sleep with her screaming. Finally he brought her in, I took her, and she quit crying immediately. Apparently she was just freaked out with the change in her nighttime caretaker :)
*John came home from work one day and Kate greeted him with, "Hi Da Da! Da Da!" I cant get her to say "ma ma." Instead of imitating me she just smiles and usually says "da da!"

1 comment:

Heather O'Brien said...

I love these. I have a feeling Peyton is going to be alot like Macy. Your kids are adorable. They will love you for writing these down.