Friday, January 8, 2010

Late Christmas Pictures...

Our last surprise from Christmas...our new doggie Sadie. I owe it all to my friend Micaela :) She came over this summer and told me about her prompting for her daughter of, "She needs a dog." Avery seems unable to get enough snuggles, so I'd been praying about that for a while. The phrase, "She needs a dog." would not leave my mind, so I jumped on board :) We looked long and hard to find the right dog for our family. It wasn't easy with all the requirements. We needed a dog, not a puppy because Mommy has no time to train one with all the other munchkins she's training. We needed one that didn't require 1-2 hour walks (I don't know how those dogs find the right home). We needed one that would be gentle with all our kids, especially little Miss Kate. I wanted one that would bark to alert visitors-or more importantly strangers-but not one that barked incessantly. One who didn't shed too much would be a plus as well. Anyway, we scoured the ads online (I can't believe how many dogs, especially puppies, are out there). We even went to an animal shelter, but it was too hard to get a feel for the dogs since they were in such a strange environment. Finally, we found one on KSL, so I sent them an email as quick as I could. The family had so many responses they removed the ad within a few hours. They decided to let their 12 year old daughter pick the family, and we were her first pick! We took Kate over and met her, and we felt like she'd be a good fit. She is a good dog, and I'm grateful she's now a part of our family. She likes to sleep and cuddle up with Avery, she cleans up after Kate when she eats, she plays with Carston, etc. We probably have a few more weeks of adjusting, and we want to fine tune her training so she can have more freedom, but we are pretty happy with things. I think it was a good choice not only for Avery, but our whole family.

Avery and her snuggle buddy-3 year old Sadie

Kate likes to pet Sadie and try to steal her food. They have a lot in common :)

Macy was all tuckered out after celebrating Christmas. That's what happens when you run on full speed every waking moment :)

Carston loved his ninja costume and video game :) He also got a video camera so I'll have to start posting some of his things :)

1 comment:

Tammi said...

Natalie! I'm so excited for your family. Dogs are great. The only problem is now I'm so used to Buzz cleaning up Jane's leftover droppings under her highchair that when she eats at someone's home, I forget to clean up after her! Just wait - it will happen to you.