Saturday, January 2, 2010

Bye-Bye Grandpa and Grandma

This Christmas was pretty different for me and my family. Each year, John and I try to respectfully split time between our two families. I am definitely a family girl, and I struggled in the past to miss any part of "My family's" Christmas (or any other holiday's) festivities. It took 7 years of Christmas Eve before I found myself tear-free and reasonably patient for the party with his side to end. Well, this year brought a first. This was the first Christmas that we didn't have either my Grandma or Grandpa with us. It has been pretty hard not having them as a part of our lives (I'm bawling just writing this). But it has of course been the hardest for my mom. It turned out that Heather would have to stay in Texas this year, Chelsey would be there with her in-laws, and we all thought it would be a blessing for my mom to have this Christmas in a different setting. So my parents and brother went there for Christmas. The night before they left, we had a little party with them. My mom gave them some cute PJ's and slippers, we watched a movie, and just had a lot of fun. I am so grateful for my parents. I know I am so blessed to have such loving, unselfish, good people to call mom and dad. Just today my mom took Avery for most of the day, let her run errands with her, and just made her feel so special. And my sweet Dad spent hours putting together their Christmas presents. My parents would do anything for me without hesitation. I love them.

Here's miss Kate. She found the Marshmellows later and helped herself :)

My little fireball!

Avery's excited to have something else to love :)

Gotta love Macy's mood swings!

1 comment:

Heather O'Brien said...

Oh my gosh! That last picture of Macy is hilarious! Seriously, love it. I can't stop laughing. If I ever need a cheer up, this is where I am coming. We so missed you this Christmas. It was way different. You are such a nice sister to not be hurt or mad. Love your guts.