Sunday, January 3, 2010

December to Remember

Things to Remember
-Staying home on Christmas day
-Doing the puzzle I missed last year
-Carston complaining that no one else had to do Math homework over the break
-Sledding with all the kids
-John's "sledding" hill in the front that is taller than he is
-Macy saying, "Oh Thank You Mommy! Thank You!" after opening each present
-How Avery was so excited to play Mary in the nativity. She had her little grin on for the whole thing.
-Our Christmas tree ending up bare for the bottom three feet because we had to keep moving all the ornaments out of Kate's reach
-Performing surgery on Avery's gingerbread house as a last resort to keep it together (we did succeed!)
-Black Friday shopping by myself from 11 that night until 8 the next morning
-John pushing me straight to bed and letting me sleep until late afternoon when I returned :)
-Sick little Kate, so sad to see her devoid of all energy and strength
-The pile of laundry that never ended as a result of all Kate's vomit and poop :)
-Avery's ear rupturing again, me feeling like the worst mom, and finally calling the ENT
-Arranging our Christmas surprise
-John getting mad at me because I kept saying, "Let's not get each other any more presents...we already bought the freezer and saw" (maybe I am a bigger scrooge than I want to admit)
-Candy cane cookies-and me once again wondering why I always pick such labor intensive ones for the cookie party (they were good though!)
-Realizing half-way to Salt Lake that I forgot the stroller for my field trip to the Children's Museum with all 4 kids by myself (we survived-thanks Micaela for the tickets). I also lost my parking ticket before making it out of the garage. Apparently I've lost part of my mind as well.
-The Lord helping me do things that did not come naturally in order to serve a loved one
-Probably the only Christmas (past and future) we had a good present for my Dad
-Making the big Christmas breakfast myself because Mom was gone. Luckily John and Randy were there to help out.
-A Sunday birthday. Not the most exciting day for a birthday. John tried his best, but there isn't a whole lot you can do.
-My kids wanting to know where the decorations were for my birthday, when I was going to open my presents, what about my cake, and when were my friends coming over for my party
-Me deciding that as much as I hate disappointing my kids, I did not want to clean up decorations, I already opened John's present, I did not feel like making my own birthday cake, and my family, i.e. my friends, were all out of town so they better not get too excited about a party :)
-Kate getting the raisins out of the pantry, prying the lid off, and helping herself
-Carston's internal battle between wanting to read before bed but not wanting to give up all the fun late-night activities abundant in December
-Carston being in heaven because the 1/2 hour electronic allotment went out the window for Christmas break
-Mom going crazy because of all the electronic time going on!
-Lots of singing and practicing with the Laurels
-WAY too much sweets and candy sitting around the house

I want to add more, but I'm out of time...maybe later :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing women you are! Never do you cease to amaze me. Oh, how I wish I could have heard your young women program. I love you so much. You are such a blessing in our lives............and I am typing this on the most amazing, up-to-date computer! Thank you, thank you. Can't get enough of the cute kids. Love the posts.
Mom

Heather O'Brien said...

You had quite the month! I love you. Thanks for being so nice about me stealing the whole family away for Christmas. P.S. Hey! I went BF shopping with you! okay, maybe for only a couple hours. he he. And way to go on the electronic time. j/k.