Monday, May 24, 2010

Avery Ballerina


Avery had her dance recital. Her daddy brought her flowers (not at all because her mother said
"I think we should do something special for Avery?" and elaborated with "You should get her flowers.") We were ten minutes late (they had already started the warmup when we got there) because there was a blizzard. A blizzard at the end of May. My big truck was sliding around. I couldn't see anything on the freeway and had to get off because it wasn't moving. Carston said a prayer that we'd be able to make it safely. We had pictures of heavy snow in April and we thought that was crazy. It is almost June. My yard is covered in snow, I don't know if my garden and peach tree will make it, all the branches of my lilac bush broke off, and I am pretty upset that my kids have on their snow clothes and want to make a snowman when school is getting out this week! But...I digress :)

This is her class and her teachers. It is hard to say if she enjoys the lessons or not :) She likes dancing, I don't know if she likes having to go first thing in the morning, or having someone "correct" her dancing. She's already perfect right? Why in the world are they telling her to do it different? But she was super cute and loved having everyone come to her recital and get all dressed up in her costume.

Macy and Kate took it all in. Macy saw Avery dancing on the home videos, and she was practicing, trying to do it all the same :)

In case you couldn't tell, which I don't know how anyone could miss it, they are Angelina Ballerina. And if you don't know who that is, well then, all hope is lost :)

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Cute pictures Natalie. And I don't think I know who Angelina Ballerina is! Your kids are so cute.