Friday, May 7, 2010

Dear Macy


Dear Macy,
I smile every time I think of you. I smile because of your zest for life. You definitely live your life to the fullest and take advantage of every second and opportunity available to you. That inspires me. Because of that, you are capable of so much considering how short you have been on this earth. There are so many times I think to myself, "She is only 2! I can't believe she can do that!" If you hold on to that ambition, I can't even imagine what you will be capable of when you are my age. I know in your mind though, that you already think you are just as big and in charge as me and daddy. A few weeks ago, you were struggling to go to sleep. Daddy and I were in our room with the door closed, and we could hear you making your way to the door. Daddy stood with his arms folded, ready to face off with the little 3 foot girl coming through the other side. It made me laugh knowing that your determination was just as strong as his:) I love watching you dance and hearing you sing. I love how penitent you are after you finish your time out, and how you don't let me forget to ask you about what you did wrong. I love how you will tell me your tired, and then immediately say how you don't want to go to bed. I love your desire to try and conquer big things: walking all the way along the curb, climbing crazy big things at the park, falling backwards onto the couch, climbing on top of the playset in the backyard, peddling the big wheel, putting on your own seat belt, or brushing your teeth all by yourself. I am SO happy that you have finished potty training! Let's just say that your strong will manifested itself strongly throughout the process, but it just proved once again that you are capable of anything you set your mind too. I love your big beautiful blue eyes. I love the way you'll hold my face in your hands with your chubby little hands and tell me you love me. I love that you are learning self control. I know that it is especially hard for you to not get what you want or do what you want exactly when you want to. But the last few months, you have shown great growth in accepting that you sometimes have to do what other people want (i.e. stop playing and get dressed, clean up, get hair done, etc) or that you can't always get what you want (i.e. Kate's toys, Avery's blanket, otter pops for breakfast, dessert with no dinner, etc). I love your imagination. It is one of those things that has me marveling at your age. Just like Kate, I love that you came on your own time, and the Lord sent you as a gift for your immediate and extended family at a time when we truly needed you. You are so beautiful Macy. I know that you will be a strong force for good in the world as you continue to grow and mature. The world needs people who are not afraid to stand up and fight for truth and righteousness, and I know that you will be one of those people. I love you Macy. I feel so privileged to be your mother.
Mom

No comments: