Friday, May 7, 2010

Dear John


Dear John,

Normally, Mother's Day comes and goes amidst the chaos of our lives, and I don't have too much time to think about it. But this year has been different. As I've thought about my opportunity to be a mother to our children, I have thought a lot about you. I couldn't be the mother I am without you. I am so glad that I married a man who knew how important it was for a child's mother to be there, with them, at home. There was a time in our life when our financial situation was not the best. I love that the "option" of having me get a job was never an option. How different our family, our children, and I would be if things had been otherwise. I love that while you know I am a strong woman capable of many things, you realize the power in simple acts like doing the dishes, getting up in the morning with the kids, saying thank you, etc, can have in sustaining me through my difficult days. I am so grateful that my kids have a father who treats their mother with love and respect. I love you John. Thank you for helping me and encouraging me to be the best mother I can.

Natalie

1 comment:

John said...

Your husband sounds super sexy.