
Dear Kate,
Can I say that I love being your mom. Everyday you are just filled with joy. I love the way you get so excited by your accomplishments: stomping your foot, climbing on the railing, pushing yourself on the little car, getting the lid off the marker, successfully manuevering your feet into my shoes, etc. You constantly have a big beautiful smile on your face that reminds me to find happiness in the simple things. I love that you find so much enjoyment in your siblings. You follow them from room to room throughout the day, and there is no doubt that you are "playing with them." At night when the girls are in bed, you will race from one girl to the next, laying your little head down on them to give them "lovies." I love watching you with the doggie. "Sadie" was definitely one of your first three words, you said it more consistently than you said "Mama" initially, and it is still the most frequent utterance from your mouth. I love how you find all sorts of ways of snuggle with her-there is no fear, and pretty much no perception of her comfort either :) I love your big beautiful eyes. I love how they light up, even when you are doing something naughty. I love that your pressence gives the your siblings the opportunity to love and care for you. You normally go to bed so well, but the other night you were struggling (I think because of new teeth). I got you out and you sat on my lap. You'd look up at me every so often and mumble some gibberish just like it was perfectly understood and smile at me. I loved that time. I love watching you grow and explore. I love your chubby little hands and feet. I love that you snuggle with me as I carry you down the hall to bed. I love that you now think you need to bring your blanket with you. I love how you call out for daddy every morning when you wake up, and every night when he opens the door to come home, or whenever you see a car on the road that looks like his. I love that you came to our home on your own time and taught me that I can do things I wonder if I'm capable of doing. Today as I watched you in my arms, I thought about how much God loves you. My heart was full as I thought about all the great things God has in store for you to accomplish. This world needs light, and you are a light sweet baby Kate. I love you.
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment