Monday, May 24, 2010

Catch Up Pics

I have so many pictures I intended to blog about, but apparently I was too busy enjoying life to get around to it (at least I hope that's the reason :) So here is a slew of pictures that mostly my family, and maybe no one, will appreciate!

My mom bought all the granddaughters "Twirly Skirts" Avery really wanted to have her picture taken without Macy in the way. She felt pretty special :) In case anyone wants a twirly skirt and doesn't want to pay an insane price, we found them at Quilted Bear for around $15

My mom had free tickets from work to see Alice in Wonderland. We took Avery and Carston and were pleasantly surprised that they didn't find it too scary. They have an awesome Grandma!

This was about the only time I had the 3-d glasses on. I don't know if it's just me, but I find them so annoying that I'd rather watch a blurry movie then wear the glasses and watch it in 3-d!

Once you have a party for a more insignificant holiday, your kids won't let you escape making it a tradition :) So here is our now annual St. Patrick's Day party with cousins and friends. We decorated cupcakes, hunted for shamrocks, had a treasure hunt, and I can't even remember what else.

Oh yeah, we made St. Patricks Princesses with dress-ups and crepe paper :)

I turned my back on the kids painting pictures and came back to find this. They apparently got bored with paper and decided to decorate the animal crackers.

I love Macy's concentration. She never does anything unless she gives it her complete focus :)

This picture is entitled: Mommy is Smart. I put some syrup to heat up in the microwave while I was trying to multitask with a million other things before running out the door. I guess I didn't punch in the time I intended. The thing in the middle use to be my tupperware, and my house smelled like syrup for days. Woops :)

This was John's Birthday party, and I don't know how I got a picture of him genuinely smiling, but it is rare, and definitely one of my favorites. All John requested for his birthday is that our kids spend the night at my parents while we partied and then slept in the next morning. It is amazing to remember that sleeping in wasn't always such a luxury :) My parents were awesome to watch the kids.

Easter Sunday with new jammies from Grandma
Carston lost another tooth bringing the count to 5. We didn't understand why he wouldn't eat breakfast that morning, and then John wondered what was up with his unusual facial expression driving to school: he was nursing a seriously loose tooth that would fall out at school :)
This was the conference set-up. I was hopeful it would mean that I'd get to listen more than play mommy :)
I know it's blurry, but I love this picture :)
I had to snap this picture because I loved that Avery put her arm around Macy, and Macy just snuggled right in :) Oh yeah, this was the day they wanted their hair in all braids. I know if Heather was in town she "would be embarrassed to be seen with me!" Just kidding Heather :)
Macy is chomping at the bit to have the opportunity to do all the fun things she sees her siblings involved in. When we picked up Avery, she wanted to get out and wait on the grass for her, and she "weelly likes Miss Jill."
Not enough room on the lap. You think I'm trying to be funny, but it is a serious problem-especially in Sacrament meeting.
The kids always have so much fun when Emma comes to stay.
Macy's adventurous side was very evident at Kangaroo Zoo. I had to try really hard to get a picture of her because she was a blur as she ran from one slide to the next. We laughed at how much she loved the tallest ones and how there would be a huge line behind her as she slowly climbed her way to the top :)
My girls can't get enough of their cousin Hallie who now lives in Texas. Heather and I love how as soon as she walks in the door, they take off playing with no warm up time and rarely a disagreement.
How do you get four kids smiling and looking at the camera all at the same time? It is nothing short of a miracle.
I hit the After-Christmas 75% off sale at Target. With a little creativity, gingerbread houses can turn into Cupid Houses for Valentine's Day :) I'm a little addicted to Target's 75% off just in case you didn't know :)
"Daddy...I'm poopy and I have a brush in my hair." John didn't know what the heck she was talking about until she turned around. This made my day :)
"Mommy! Take a picture of me!" I think she got this from Hallie...what do you think Ho?
I guess my mom set the standard high when it came to Valentine's boxes :) I remember making a hot air balloon one year for mine. I went a little crazy for Carston this year, and John enjoyed teasing me about how much of a kid I was. But it was fun. And it was fast and easy. And Carston thought it was totally awesome :)
John and I were working in the bathroom one night after all the kids were in bed. We came out to find that someone, who we thought was sleeping, decided to make Sadie a little more cozy in her bed :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all these posts. Lets me see things I might not get to see. You are a great mom!
Love, Mom

Chelsey Meier said...

Yes! I have been waiting for this post! It makes me miss you guys even more! I can't believe how big everyone is getting. They all crack me up!

Heather O'Brien said...

How fun to read everything. Your kids are darling and we can't wait to see you guys. I just love all their little personalities so much. I'm sorry if I made it seem like I'm a hair brat. Haven't you seen Peyton's? I'm past that stage. Amazing what kid number 2 did :). I stopped caring. I think they are cute. Sorry if I gave you a complex. Love your buns.