Monday, June 29, 2009

"How Old Are You Macy?"....."Good."

Little Macy Moo is Two! I love this little girl to death. Yesterday in church a lady who doesn't know us very well made a comment about how she has two sides. That pretty much describes Macy. She is either Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde, she is either yelling at the top of her lungs or talking as sweetly as can be, she is either running around like a mad woman or curled up against you like a little ball. There is no middle ground with her. I seriously adore her and love that I get to be a part of her life and she a part of mine. Here are some fun facts about Macy:
1. She thinks she is big. She finds the biggest slide at the park and goes down it by herself (and never wants to stop). She tries to ride Carston's scooter, she refuses to ride in the stroller or cart (walked the Zoo for three hours and then ran around a park for another two one day). She hates to wear her own shoes, but can't get enough of everyone elses. She is a shoe thief and takes any visitors shoes, although she'll kindly bring EVERYONE theirs when it is time to go.
2. She is the sweetest big sister to Kate. I've always loved how she talks to her. She loves to hold her, wants to feed her, put ALL her blankets on, etc. She always likes to think that Kate enjoys sharing her swing with her. We frequently hear her yelling out for a rescue because she has trapped herself in the swing and can't get out.
3. She is obsessed with water. Every time we walk into the kitchen, we step in water puddles courtesy of Macy. She loves to dump water between cups, dump it on the ground, dump it on herself, pretty much anywhere.
4. John makes fun of how frequently she finds herself on time out. I think it is funny how she peacefully submits. Almost as though she doesn't quite care that she is going. I love how she always says sorry though, and how after a minute she'll start to yell, "Ready! Ready Mommy! I'm READY MOMMY!"
5. As John puts it she is the most polite and the least polite child wrapped into one. She says thank you all the time with no prompting, and usually repeats it multiple times for each occasion And yet, she yells at you, wants to take your things, etc.
6. If you ask her what she has, the response will be, "It's mine. It's mine Mommy," as she clutches it tighter.
7. She thinks she is the "queen bee." Apparently you need her permission to sing, or dance, or read, or eat. You need approval for the song choice on the radio, what shoes you wear, etc. In her mind she has the final word and veto power.
8. She has stunning blue eyes and super chubby cheeks.
9. She loves playing with her brothers and sisters, loves her daddy, grandparents, everyone.
10. She is catching up to the rest of the family (78th percentile in height) no longer looking like she'll be the big runt of the family.
11. When we went to the doctor, while standing at the receptionist's desk, she saw the doctor walking down the hall, immediately started to cry as loud as she could while she flung herself on the floor.
12. She hates getting her hair done. Lots of times I find myself trying to strap her down with my legs so I can get a comb through.
13. Most importantly, Macy LOVES Dora. Anything Dora. She can spot a Dora product from miles away. When she fell down the stairs at the park, she looked up and said, "I wanna watch Doooorraaaaaaa." Grandpa Danny indulges her on that whenever he's available :)














We love you Macy! Our family and home would not be the same without your sweet, energetic, funny, lovable little self!

5 comments:

Amber said...

What a fun post! She sounds like a little firecracker. I love it! I have one of my one =). Life is never dull. Awesome post!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't love her more! My favorite thing today while I was tending: she said she was cold so I went and got her blankie out of her crib for her. She got all snuggled up on the couch watching Dora and then suddenly got down off the couch, went and retrieved Avery's blanket from her room and said, "here Avery, do you want your blankie?" That is what Macy's heart is made of.
Grandma Robin

Chelsey Meier said...

I love this little girl so much! She seriously just makes me smile whenever I think of her. She has so much personality and is so full of love and spunk. I love her little laugh with her crinkled up nose. She's just adorable! I'm missing you guys big time.

Heather O'Brien said...

What a sweet post! I LOVE Macy. She's adorable. She can definately hold her own. And is so sweet. You can't help but smile when you're around her. What a cutie. We miss you guys.

SandyKay said...

So can identify with her. Just ask my mom and dad. Do you think genes move horizontally??? She may need some special time @ Sk & Cy's house. We could you a little liven' up around here.