Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Where has the time gone?

Where has the last month gone? I know I'm old now because I talk all the time about how fast time flies, how it just goes by faster every year. It's true though. I can't believe school is already out, I can't believe that the missionary down the street is already coming home (we have an additional two kids since he left, is that considered insane?). So a brief insight into the last month. My brother-in-law presented the perfect opportunity for a trip since he was graduating from medical school. My parents and brother were going, with a stop in Chicago to see Cho, what better time for me to tag along. So I bought my ticket and figured I'd have to get babysitting arranged so I didn't waste my money :) I don't think I hate anything as much as asking people to watch my kids-well maybe the dentist (who I won't have to see for along time now, last cavity filled yesterday). Anyway, the trip was awesome. Kate and I quite enjoyed ourselves. I really was on vacation too. I didn't cook a single item of food, no dishes washed, no cleaning, and finally an opportunity to spend the christmas and birthday money I'd been hoarding (can I just say that I love H&M and wish they'd put one in Utah). Kate was a total angel, and it was such a blast to spend time with my family as an individual with barely any motherly duties. John is such an amazing husband and father for encouraging it and taking care of the other three little hooligans. I love you babe. And OB, I think you are just so amazing for what you have accomplished. Nothing was handed to you, but you know how to work for what you want. And Heather, it really was your graduation as well. You did it guys.

Here's the crew.

Most beautiful baby :)

Dustin is the best uncle. So much fun spending time with you Dust. And Bertha is coming soon, I just feel it :)

Aren't my parents the best. I love that they love each other (you can see my mom's expression in the reflection)

One more in case you disagree with the most beautiful baby comment :)

3 comments:

Lindy Rae said...

I told you this last night - but Kate's giant toothless smile is the cutest little smile. People who are in bad moods just need to see her smile. I'm sure it would make them smile.

Schauers Hours said...

I am so happy for you getting away for a trip! Way to go John.

Tammi said...

Loved reading that blog tonight and by the way, that missionary is probably saying "I can't believe that lady down the street had TWO babies while I was away!" Just kidding -cute cute photos!

Tammi