I thought Avery looked adorable. All my kids did, but this Sunday was even busier than usual so the only picture I snapped was in the changing room :) This year, I led the Laurels in planning a special Christmas program to share with all the youth. It was a lot of work and practice, but I was really happy with how it turned out. We highlighted people involved in the Savior's birth. The Laurels researched their person and then wrote a few paragraphs about that person, what it would have been like, what we could learn from their example. After each person shared their thoughts, we had a song for each person's perspective. I found some really beautiful songs. I shared some thoughts at the end about the examples of the people present that night. Would we have responded as they did, or would we have missed out because we allowed various things to hold us back. We also talked about giving a gift to the Savior. You know, many times, it can be hard to fulfill and magnify my calling. It is a huge time commitment and it can be hard to balance the needs of my family. It is also hard emotionally sometimes. I love these girls so much, and when they are struggling or face difficult challenges, there is a weight upon my shoulders that I cannot shake and that brings me to tears. But it is worth it. Times like this program, when I know that hearts have been touched, that they have been pushed closer to the Savior, it's amazing. I know I'm a better person because of the work I've been honored to do. Anyway here are some cool songs we used:
Breath of Heaven
Joseph's Lullaby
Bethlehem Dawn
One King
If I Had Been in Bethlehem
3 comments:
She can do it and probably will!
Love the Grandma
How cute she looks. Love the dance pictures, too. Would loved to have been there.
Grandma Robin
Nat, you are so awesome! Those girls are so lucky to have you as their leader. Seriously!
Post a Comment