Standing O? What may you ask warrants such high praise? Nothing out of the ordinary. I simply went to the store with all four kids by myself. Happens all the time. But I got a Standing Ovation for it on Thursday. The positivity from it was kind of negated though because I also got called "Ma'am" in the process. Here's how it went down. I had to go to Macey's to get tickets for the Parade of Homes. So off we went. Had Macy in the front of the cart, Kate and her car seat in the back, Carston on one side, and Avery on the other. We went about our business, getting a few groceries, a little treat, the tickets, everything went just great-no tantrums or crying, they were awesome. We head out to the car and as I start to get Macy out I hear this, "Ma'am? Ma'am?" Is someone talking to ME? I turn around and see an older man looking at me expectantly so I say, "Yes?" "Ma'am, I feel like I just want to applaud you!" He says as he gives me a double thumbs up. Um. What do I say in response? "Yep, we made it!" with a little thumbs up myself. I got in the car and started laughing. I would have expected something like that if we are on vacation in another state, but seriously, my little brood and I aren't that much of a freak show here in Utah, are we?
5 comments:
WAY TO GO MA'AM! That's funny. You should try it out of state. I get some great comments and looks just with 2 kids. LOVE YOU! Thanks for letting me whine to you :).
Wow! I'm impressed you've made it this long without being called Ma'am! Way to go girlie!
I got both StandingOs and called Ma'am many many times in Mississippi. Fun eh?
thanks for brightening my night! hilarious!
Just think back to your outing with the girls a few months ago, when Avery was acting horrible! It's great that they were so good this time. I know for a fact that I have never had an outing without having to threaten my kids, or one of them having a break down.
So, way to go!
Post a Comment